Polyvinyl chloride can also be used as poly(vinyl chloride). In addition and in short, we also call it PVC. It is the third most widely produced plastic synthetic polymer in the world after polyethylene and polypropylene. Synthetic thermoplastic material made from polychloroethylene. The properties depend on the plasticizer added. Its flexible forms normally used for hoses, insulating materials, shoes, pvc seal strip, etc. Certainly, Due to its versatility, application of PVC also widely is in various industries, technologies and daily applications. The industries referrring to PVC will include construction, transportation, packaging, electrical and healthcare applications, etc.
Differences between PU and PVC
Both Polyurethane (PU) and Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) materials are the most commonly used materials in the manufacture of sealing strips. Polyurethane and PVC are thermoplastic plastics, also known as heat softened plastics. These types of plastics can be molded at a specific higher temperature, then cooled, finally cured. Especially, both of them can be molded into any shape, including pvc seal strip or PU seal strips. Essentially, and these two materials are suitable for all situations. Let’s have a read for their difference:
1. Polyurethane has higher wear resistance, however PVC materials will lose flexibility in extreme cold. Additionally, polyurethane can keep it.
2. The sealing strips made of polyurethane has higher resistance to chemicals, oils and solvents.
3. In contrast, PVC seal strip can become oil and chemical resistant only after adding specific properties.
Advantages of PVC seal strip
1. PVC sealing strips are high bending strength, impact toughness and high elongation at break.
2. PVC materials are with smooth surface, bright color and very decorative, etc.
3. Its stability is outstanding. In addition, good dielectric property, durability.
4. Anti-aging, easy welding and bonding are also excellent advantages for PVC.