Silicone hoses by silicone hose factory, are a vital part of any vehicle’s cooling system or air intake system. Silicone offers superior heat resistance and durability compared to rubber hoses. For automotive uses, an oil resistant silicone hose is essential, as it will withstand exposure to various automotive fluids like motor oil, transmission fluid, and antifreeze.
If it’s time to replace your vehicle’s rubber hoses with durable silicone hoses, consider purchasing a silicone hose kit. These kits provide you with all the hose you need for a specific application, such as for a cooling system or air intake system replacement. The best silicone hose kits feature reinforced oil resistant silicone hose that is long-lasting and kink-resistant.
What Is Silicone Hose Kits?
Silicone hose kits are available for most areas of a vehicle including cooling system kits, heater hose kits, radiator hose kits, intake hose kits, and intercooler hose kits. The hoses in these kits replace the standard rubber hoses that come from the factory.
Following Features Of Silicone Hose Kits
When shopping for a silicone hose kit for your vehicle, look for the following features:
- The hose from silicone hose factory, should be specifically designed for automotive use and rated for high heat and exposure to oils, coolants, and fuels. Oil resistant silicone hose will last much longer than standard silicone hose.
- Look for hose with reinforcement such as embedded fibers or wires. This prevents kinking and helps the hose keep its shape for easier installation.
- Choose a kit with hose that can withstand very high temperatures, especially for cooling system applications. Look for hose that is rated for at least 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The best kits will include pre-cut hose for all parts of the system you want to upgrade along with necessary couplers, clamps, and connectors. This simplifies the installation process with no need to source additional parts.
- For the easiest installation, choose a kit that is specifically designed for your vehicle make and model. Kits are available for most popular cars, trucks, and SUVs.