Auto silicone hose refers to a hose made of silicone rubber material, specially designed for automotive applications. Auto silicone hose is as used to transport fluids. It’s such as coolant, oil and air between different parts of the engine and transmission. As leading silicone hoses manufacturer in China, KINGLIN also provides quality high temp food grade silicone tubing as well. Now we will introduce food grade silicone tube, so that customers choose it easily.
What Is Food Grade Silicone Tube?
Food grade silicone tube, also known as high temp food grade silicone tubing, is a type of silicone hose. Actually it is safe for use in food processing and handling applications.
- Regular silicone tubing is made from general purpose silicone rubber compounds that contain additives, fillers, and other components that may not be approved for food contact.
- In contrast, food grade silicone tubing is manufactured using only FDA-compliant ingredients and materials that are safe for indirect and even direct food contact.
- This means the silicone tubing itself will not affect the taste, odor or quality of the food.
- High temp food grade silicone tubing typically features excellent resistance to chemicals and microbes commonly found in food environments.
- It can withstand high temperatures, from -80 degrees Celsius to 250 degrees Celsius, making it suitable for use in hot and cold food and beverage processes.
- The surface of food grade silicone tubing is non-porous, smooth and easy-to-clean. Because of feature of non-porous, it helps prevent bacterial buildup that can contaminate food.
Applications Of Food Grade Silicone Tubing In Industries Of Food & Beverage
Food-grade silicone tubing has numerous applications in the food and beverage industry due to its non-toxic, easy-to-clean, FDA-compliant, and flexible properties.
- Due to its resistance to acids and alkalis in these products, it is widely used as a conveying pipe for conveying food products such as liquid eggs, juices, condiments, beer, etc.
- Silicone tubing is also used to transport gases such as carbon dioxide, oxygen, and nitrogen for carbonation, aeration, or preservation of food.
- In bottling plants, silicone tubes are used as filling tubes to transfer the contents into the bottles, and as pipes for conveying bottles on conveyor lines.
- Flexibility, leak-proof properties, and the ability to withstand high pressures and temperature ranges make silicone tubing suitable for use as conduits for hot or cold mixing and cooking of various food ingredients.
- Additionally, its non-reactive surface and invisible seams help avoid product contamination, making it ideal for food contact applications.