Silicone turbo couplers are flexible connectors used to join pipes, hoses and tubes with misaligned or offset axes. Silicone couplers provide multiple benefits for turbo applications.
What Are Silicone Turbo Couplers from suppliers?
Made of medical or food grade silicone, turbo couplers feature a bellows style design that allows them to flex and absorb vibrations. They can:
- Connect piping with offset axes
- Accommodate axial and angular misalignments
- Compensate for expansion, contraction and movement
- Isolate vibrations and noise
Silicone turbo couplers are available with either flange or hose barb connections, in straight, stepped or tapered reducer styles. They are typically rated for continuous use at temperatures between -80 to 300 degree Fahrenheit.
Uses of Silicone Couplers in Turbo Systems:
- Joining turbocharger inlet/outlet pipes
- Connecting intercooler piping
- Coupling turbo oil lines
- Linking piping to EGR or DPFCU valves
- Connecting air intake and air conditioner lines
Silicone turbo couplers isolate engine vibrations, compensate for thermal growth and tolerate thermal shock better than rigid couplings. They help reduce stress on piping joints and components, extending the life of turbocharger systems.
Benefits of Silicone Turbo Couplers:
- Flexible design for absorbing engine vibrations
- Compensate for angular misalignment of piping up to 5 degrees
- Resist high temperatures up to 300 degree F
- Chemically inert for use with oils, fuels and coolants
- Noise reduction and isolation
- Easy installation with no piping modifications required
What Difference Between Silicone Reducer Coupler & Silicone Turbo Couplers?
The main differences between silicone reducer couplers and silicone turbo couplers are:
- Silicone reducer couplers have a tapered shape to connect pipes of different sizes. Silicone turbo couplers typically have a straight shape to connect pipes of the same size.
- Silicone reducer couplers often have hose barb connections to join hoses and tubes of different diameters. Silicone turbo couplers typically have flange connections to join rigid pipes.
- Though both are flexible, silicone turbo couplers tend to be more flexible to better absorb vibrations from engines.
- Silicone reducer coupler is as used to transition between different pipe sizes. They are generally purpose couplers for industrial and commercial applications.
Conclusion Of Silicone Turbo Couplers
In summary, silicone turbo couplers by silicone hose suppliers, are flexible connectors made of heat and chemical resistant silicone. They compensate for misalignments in turbocharged engine systems while absorbing vibrations, reducing stress on joints and isolating heat and noise. Their benefits make them an ideal choice for connecting turbocharger piping and components.